1. Censorship occurred as a unique social phenomenon at the dawn of world-wide civilization, which is to control the activity of human being's social and personal life. Due to the on-going evolution of human society this social system could not avoid ...
1. Censorship occurred as a unique social phenomenon at the dawn of world-wide civilization, which is to control the activity of human being's social and personal life. Due to the on-going evolution of human society this social system could not avoid variations, nevertheless the essential attributes did not change under any circumstances. Each and every time censorship brought about serious damage in culture of society, turned out to be obstacle in progressive development.
2. Politics has an enormous influence on the system which uses various social subjects(nation, party, an individual etc.). The vector and effect of the action that censorship inflicts in all areas of the community life are swayed by peculiarity of legal political power.
3. The political history of the foreign nations, including Russia, shows three types of approach to the censorship practices: supportive, nihilistic, critical approaches.
4. The essential mental sources which make censorship possible to take a deep root are related to these factors; (1) desire to arrange the living condition of social members, (2) particularity of recognition processes, (3) specificity of mythical types, (4) the messiah gross of enlightenment movement to lead the man who "lost his way", (5) the absence of the democratic political and legal culture.
5. The analysis of censorship shows the fact that it is a really complicated phenomenon, having such diverse mixed characteristics. We can define the meaning of censorship as follows; "the social-cultural system that control production, circulation and organization of information rightly in demand and profit of the social subjects.
6. The Soviet Union censorship in all respects lost the affirmative principles, succeeding to the negative qualities of it's pre-revolution period, realizing the policy of totalitarian state. Censorship now is exchanged by the anti-social and anti-cultural force. Censorship in this period takes a new turn and it becomes a system of regularity, external and inner product. It is open to the public and continues to be an inspection compulsory, legitimate, active, multipurpose and holistic.
7. Currently Russia is approaching to the universal democratic movement. It reveals in the process of establishing civic society and legal state, refusing the ideology of socialistic life. The pluralistic principle is becoming one of the norms. Information border of culture is expanded, the strategy and the tactic which control culture are changing. The prerequisites of democratic and political growth for russians are prepared. All these elements transform censorship into a social phenomenon. This process becomes contradictory and complicated, was caused by recurrence of the past Soviet censorship policy.
8. The civilized censorship comes into effect, protects the value of freedom and democracy, and guarantees social public order. Censorship confront chauvinistic and fascist propaganda, prohibit diffusing obscene informations, protect honor and virtue of each and every citizen. It can't be realized without relatively high cultural level of civic society members and the bona-fide self-censorship. Russian society still far to go in order to achieve the condition that rational censorship defends interests of citizens.