Chapter 1 General Conditions
Article 1 (Purpose) These terms and conditions aim to stipulate the conditions and procedures for use, the rights, duties and responsibilities of users, as well as the other requirements that should be observed in using the public information of Basic Academic Data Center under National Research Foundation of Korea (hereinafter called as Information) provided by Basic Academic Data Center under National Research Foundation of Korea (hereinafter called as Provider).
Article 2 (Definition of Terms) The terms herein used in these conditions shall have the meanings set forth below.
1. “Public Information” means the information retained and controlled by public agencies based on the Article 3-1 of 「Framework Act on National Informatization」 as the information under Article 3-1 of 「Framework Act on National Informatization」.
2. The “Provider” means an agency that provides information in accordance with these conditions.
3. The “User” means a person or an agency that is provided with information in accordance with these conditions.
Article 3 (Enforceability) ① In case the User expresses consent to these conditions, he shall be deemed to have read and consented to these terms and conditions and be subject to these conditions on providing and using the Information.
② The Provider has the right to change these terms and conditions except when the relevant laws and regulations are violated.
③ Any alteration of these terms and conditions made in accordance to Article 3-② shall come into force by getting a consent from the User, provided that despite making through any notice pursuant to Article 3-②, it is clear that unless the User expresses the intention within a specific period, he shall be deemed to have express it, and unless the User clearly expresses the refusal, he shall be deemed to have consented to the altered terms and conditions.
④ If the User intends to use the public information offered by the Provider, the User shall check notices by the Provider periodically and have the obligation to report the requirements of the Provider.
⑤ The User shall be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred by failing to check the alterations and their details.
Chapter 2 Conditions of Use
Article 4 (Recommended Specification) The device to enable the use of Information-providing services and the minimum technical specification necessary for its use shall follow the recommended specification information presented by the Provider. In case the User’s technical specification and others fall short, the Provider cannot provide information.
Article 5 (Prohibition) The User shall not carry out each act of the following paragraphs.
1. Fraudulent impersonation of the User
2. Spread of malicious codes, such as viruses, worms, etc., caused by electronic approaches.
3. Copyright violations and acts using any combination or linkage with illegal information and others under Article 44-7 of the 「Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.」
4. Acts of providing and sharing the information to and with a third party without a specific service platform
5. Acts of making outer appearance to pretend to be in public position, such as the Provider or of using the manner of counterfeiting a consent by the Provider to the use of information despite the absence of the consent under these terms and conditions
6. Acts of violating the relevant laws and regulations regarding the use of information
Article 6 (Limitation on Use of National Shared Resources) In the following cases, the use of national shared resources can be inevitably excluded.
ⓛ In case of a use not conforming to the purpose specified in an application for use
② In case of a copyright violation caused by arbitrarily faking and forging the information provided
③ In case of showing the result of searching using the OPEN API services of the Basic Academic Data Center under NRFK, which includes sensitive, violent, and degrading contents or constructs a combination, linkage, or adjacency with antisocial, immoral, and illegal contents
④ In case the use of service causes troubles to the Provider’s works or the problem of infrastructure performance causes troubles to service delivery
⑤ In case the national shared resources are not available any more as the delivery scope of these resources is changed because of the revision of the relevant laws and regulations
⑥ In case other laws and regulations are violated and the terms and conditions are infringed, the use of national shared resources can be limited.
Article 7 (Alteration of National Shared Resources) The Basic Academic Data Center under NRFK shall make an alteration plan through prior notice and guidance and maintain the service of the existing version for a 60-day grace period for the delivery of better national shared resources, except for emergency situations.
※ The alteration of the national shared resources is to alter the Open-API service program and the set point for the access to URL to call as the alteration of Open-API by the Basic Academic Data Center under NRFK.
Article 8 (Suspension of National Shared Resources) In case the Basic Academic Data Center under NRFK cannot provide national shared resources any longer, the Basic Academic Data Center under NRFK shall have suspension plan through prior notice and guidance and maintain the service of the existing version for a 60-day grace period, except for emergency situations.
Chapter 3 Procedure and Method of Use
Article 9 (Expenses) The Information is provided for free in principle, provided that, in case of being charged, the charge shall be calculated based on the following:
1. For the stable operation of an information system that retains public information, national agencies can, if necessary, charge within actual required expense for the provision of public information. This actual expense encompasses the expense for additional information system and network necessary for the provision of public information, electronic record media expense used in providing it, data processing expense, etc.
2. The Provider’s estimation for the provision of information shall be based on any relevant standard.
3. The others shall be subject to a discussion between the Provider and the User.
Article 10 (Alteration and Termination of Use) ⓛ In case the User needs to alter the methods and volume of information use, the User can request the Provider for alteration, and the Provider should comply with the request unless it is illegal or unfair.
② In case any change happens to the User’s personal information in the User Contract, such as address, contact phone number, e-mail address, etc., the User should notify it to Provider immediately through the related procedures. The User shall be responsible for any loss or damage caused because of the User’s failure to alter his personal information and others properly under this paragraph.
③ In case the User does not need to use the information any longer, the User can terminate the relationship in the information use based on these terms and conditions by expressing the intention to terminate it.
④ The Provider can terminate the relationship in information use based on these terms and conditions as well as terminate it when the User violates these terms and conditions and infringes other rules.
Article 11 (Suspension of Provision) ⓛ In case the User violates these terms and conditions, the Provider can suspend the provision of information and take necessary measures, including legal action.
② In case each of the following paragraphs arises, the Provider can temporarily suspend the provision of information after prior notice.
1. Regular inspection, expansion, and replacement of system
2. Discovery of technical failure in providing the service
3. Addition of new services
③ Despite the provision of the paragraph ②, the Provider can temporarily suspend the public information service without prior notice in case exceptional circumstances, such as emergency inspection, expansion, and replacement of system have arisen, and completely suspend public information services being provided currently based on the reasons such as replacement by new public information service that the Provider deems to be proper.
④ In case public information service is suspended because of the Provider’s uncontrollable reasons (force majeure such as natural disaster, system failure not attributable to a system controller, system breakdown, etc.), a prior notice is impossible, and prior notice may not be given in case of system shutdown attributable to the intention or negligence of other persons such as the Internet access provider, etc.
Chapter 4 Miscellaneous
Article 12 (Indemnification) ⓛ The Provider shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the User’s inability to follow these terms and conditions.
② The Information shall be provided so that it can be used as it is, and the Provider shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the issues related to the quality and the use of information, including faults, omissions, etc.
③ The Provider shall not be liable for the statement, guarantee, duty, and responsibility related to the information other than the items specified by the relevant laws and regulations.
④ The Provider shall not guarantee the continuous provision of public information or additional public information.
⑤ The Provider shall not have the obligation to arbitrate any dispute arising in regard to the services between the User and the third party and shall not take the responsibility for any loss or damage arising in this regard. In case a third party lodge a complaint against the Provider, the User shall indemnify the Provider from any loss, damage, and expense at the User’s expense and under his responsibility.
Article 13 (Management of Personal Information Collection, Etc.) ⓛ The Provider can collect personal information equivalent to each paragraph set forth below in order to smoothly provide and use the information.
1. Name (in case of corporation, name of corporation, name of CEO, name of the person in charge)
2. Identification number (in case of corporation, business license number, identification number of CEO)
3. Address (in case of corporation, address of main office)
4. E-mail address (in case of corporation, e-mail addresses of CEO, and the person in charge)
5. Contact phone number (in case of the absence of personal cell phone number and available phone number; in case of corporation, contact phone numbers of CEO and the person in charge)
② Any information provided by the User shall not be used except for the purposes of each paragraph set forth below, and any alteration of the purpose of use shall obtain prior consent.
1. Settlement of expenses incurred based on the contract execution as well as the provision of public information
2. Publicity and guide regarding the use of information of the Provider and other related agencies
③ In case the User withdraws the consent to the collection and use of personal information, the Provider shall destroy the related information without delay, provided that even though the relationship of the use of contract comes to an end or the purpose of collection and use is accomplished, the Provider can destroy it after storing and retaining it for a specific period based on the reasons for information protection under internal policy and other relevant laws and regulations.
Article 14 (Application of Provisions) The items that are not specified in these terms and conditions are governed by the related laws and regulations, such as the 「Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, Etc.」, the 「Official Information Disclosure Act and Copyright Law」, the 「Cultural Industry Promotion Basic Act」, and the 「Guidelines in Providing Public Information」.
Article 15 (Jurisdiction) Any dispute arising between the Provider and the User with respect to the use of information shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court that has jurisdiction over the main office of the Provider.
[Effective Date] These terms and conditions shall be effective from August 1, 2013.The User, prior to the date of application of the revised terms and conditions, shall also be subject to the revised terms and conditions.
Date of Effectivity: August 14, 2014